Bolognese is a ground meat sauce accented with tomatoes. Heavier pasta like rigatoni or pappardelle pairs perfectly with this sauce.
- In a medium saucepot, sauté the beef and pork with a little bit of olive oil
- Stir the meat frequently, breaking up large chunks in the pot
- Add the onions, celery, garlic, and carrots and allow them to simmer for 10 minutes
- Pour in the red wine and reduce it until all of the alcohol smell is gone
- Throw in the tomatoes, milk, parmigiano rind, and the sachet and bring the sauce to a simmer
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 45 minutes and remove the sachet and parmigiano rind
- Check for seasoning and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 more minutes